Where I am now

Right now I still pull hairs out everyday. I try not to, and sometimes it may only be one or two hairs but I still get the urge everyday. I try to put barriers up to stop me from doing it, for example I have gloves in the car. If I wear gloves I can't pull, it's just remembering to wear them! I hardly ever pull in the mornings, it seems to start after about 1pm and it depends what I'm doing as to whether an urge will come or not.

Urges seem to be worse if I'm tired, bored, watching TV, on the phone, anxious, reading, waiting for something, angry etc. If I'm busy and in a placid state of mind I tend not to pull. Routine also makes it worse, if I'm on holiday then my hair usually gets a break from my plucking claws! So ideally I just keep myself busy and go on holiday everyday! :)

Gardening and physical work is also good for stopping the urges, it's just a shame I work in an office and sit at a desk for 8 hours............

As well as having urges to pull, there are also occasions where I don't even realise I'm pulling. I could be reading a book and suddenly realise that I just pulled a hair out. I guess this side of it is a habit!

Side of my head 2006 - around the time I decided to hunt for a cure:

Comments

  1. Hi Maggie. I'm still pulling a bit a day too.

    I also tend to pull while I'm reading. My finger tips dance on my legs, and then the next thing I know I'm running to find tweezers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa,

    I really like reading but I know it's dangerous! For most people I imagine it's a fairly safe hobby! Maybe sky diving is more appropriate for us :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changed Priorities

Hair update

Documentary