Changed Priorities

My Trichotillomania has now taken a major back seat! I still pull everyday and wear a permanent wig to cover up the bald patches. It's annoying to live with a hair hat 'thing' fixed to my head all the time and it gets itchy but I'm used to it so it has become normal. I can't imagine not wearing a wig now. My hair follicles have been permanently damaged by all the years of pulling so the hope of growing a full head of hair now is pretty slim. But I think I have accepted that and now trich doesn't really bother me. I used to get upset about it and frustrated but now I think there are more important things to worry about and l can still enjoy life without proper hair!! Some people have it a lot worse so out of all of the problems you can have as a human, I think hair pulling is a pretty mild one to have been dealt. Found out my mum as incurable cancer recently - this is a real problem. I would pull my arms and legs off, as well as all my hair out to fix her.

Comments

  1. Been reading your blog lately. This is your last post so far, and its great that it ends this way. Coming to acceptance is the most important thing you can do if you have trich. It's a chronic disorder and very hard to get rid of. And while its not considered "normal" by society, if you learn to accept it an dont let it ruin your life, you're doing great imo. Hope to see you writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The number of people who are infested of head lice keeps on increasing. This populace carry on finding ways only to treat or remove their lice as they can be so annoying.
    Lice natural remedies and non-toxic treatment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please help fund these twins for hair pulling! HTTP://www.gofundme.com/twingirlshair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Child Therapy In Manhattan
    The Institute specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Treatment in Manhattan, also provides CBT for Pregnancy and Child Therapy in Manhattan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hair update

Documentary