Documentary

A few months ago a University student emailed me asking if I would take part in a short documentary on trichotillomania for her coursework. Her name was Jo, I said yes and so she came round to my house with a cameraman and list of questions. She found me via a hair forum along with a few others. We put a chair in the conservatory and practiced for a while before doing the real thing. I have never been filmed before and it’s amazing how self conscious it makes you feel, I made sure I wore black as apparently that makes you look thinner and noticed that I was purposefully pronouncing my t’s etc.

Jo asked me how young I was when I started pulling, how it made me feel and what treatments I have looked into. We spoke a lot about Lucinda Ellery’s which is where I had my first volumiser fitted. Lucinda is the name of the lady that started the hair salon, she is a lovely bubbly lady, but unfortunately the cost of treatment just got too much there and so I had to leave. It was good to start with but I felt that the Business side took over from the passionate side. You were charged by the 5 minutes during an appointment and at £90 a hour that meant you better not have a loo break!!! Jo met Lucinda as part of her documentary and so was interested in hearing about people’s experiences there.

I have the documentary on DVD now but I haven’t watched it yet! I’m too scared! It will make me cringe seeing myself on screen!! Maybe when my hair is all better I will be brave! :)

Comments

  1. Maybe you could put a clip from the DVD on your blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh can you do that! I will investigate! Better watch it first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not 100% sure of the mechanics but I don't think it's too difficult, technically. It would be very cool to hear you talking about everything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changed Priorities

Hair update