Mop Tighten

Just got back from Manchester after going there for the weekend to have my volumiser tightened and trimmed! It takes about 3.5 hours to get there and so is quite a mission! I did well though and managed not to touch my hair while driving there or back. The whole weekend has been pretty good and so i'm going to try really hard during the week not to touch either.

I quite enjoy getting my hair done, before I had the volumiser fitted I hadn't been to a hairdresser for about 15 years. I always just trimmed it myself as I was too scared to show anyone how thin it was, I also hated the idea of anyone touching me! If trich was widely discussed and known about then I might not have minded, however it's a secretive problem that most people don't know exists.

I get my hair done at a place called Hair Solved, it's a small friendly place where they make you feel quite normal and comfortable, there is also a chocolate shop next door which is amazing! :)

Hair Solved:
http://www.hairsolved.co.uk

Slattery Chocolate Shop:
http://www.slattery.co.uk/home.cfm

Comments

  1. Maggie

    I am a freelance writer in London and would be very interested in writing a feature about a trichotillomania sufferer. I myself suffered from this at one time, and for a while I didn't even know it had a name. I would aim to deal with the topic in a sensitive but realistic way.

    If you are interested, you could email me in the first instance at dfpapc@aol.com and then I would need to do a telephone interview at some stage. And feel free to ask any more questions. I have tried to keep this brief.

    Many thanks
    Dawn Francis-Pester
    www.dawnfrancispester.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn,

    Sounds interesting and a good way to give exposure to the problem, I will drop you an email later on :)

    Thank you,

    Mag

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changed Priorities

Hair update

Documentary