Volumiser time!

Today I mainly had a hangover. Wine and cocktails in a local bar were to blame. Pina coladas taste so nice that I forget they have shots of alcohol in them!! As a result of the hangover I spent the day rotting on the sofa! :)

At the moment I can quite happily go out for an evening and not worry about people noticing my thin hair because I wear a volumiser. A volumiser is a bit like a wig but you can't take it off. It is made of real human hair and even has a fake parting. Your own hair gets pulled through a net and then secured with little metal clips like extensions. You don't need much of your own hair to wear one which is good! If there are any really bald patches then the net is stuck in place with double sided tape. Volumisers are fitted in salons and then you have to go back every 6 weeks to get it tightened.

I have been wearing a volumiser for two and a half years now and have tried two different salons. Although it looks good the cost has been horrendous!! I have swapped my hair pulling worries for money worries. So far I have spent over £10,000 and so my aim now is to get rid of the volumiser and grew my own hair back properly :)

2007 - Volumiser newly fitted:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changed Priorities

Hair update

Documentary