N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC)

To help stop the pulling urges I am trying the latest suggestion for helping with trich which is an amino acid called N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC). A trial was held where 56% of people saw an improvement after 9 weeks. The BBC wrote an article about it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8132387.stm

I have been taking 1200mg a day for the past 5 weeks and so fingers crossed I will see an improvement soon. If the urges are not as strong then hopefully I will be able to control myself more. I'm not betting on it but anything is worth a try! :)

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you're writing this blog, Maggie - I think it is wonderful that you're sharing your experiences with other people that might benefit.

    I can't believe how much the "volumiser" has cost of the last couple of years! I hope the NAC trial goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    I now have my volumiser done in Manchester at a place called Hair Solved. It is much cheaper than the place I went to in London and so the appointments aren't so bad any more! I have a bit of spare cash afterwards to go shoe shopping with!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changed Priorities

Hair update

Documentary