Cleaning the mop!

The trouble with the volumiser (or the mop!) is that you can't take it off and after it has been tightened it is hard to clean your head properly. You have to wash your head through the net which is a bit like trying to wash your feet while you still have your socks on! :)

When the volumiser is tightened (every 6 weeks) it feels like you have just had your hair braided, I tend to have a few glasses of wine after an appointment to help ease the head ache it causes. I am used to it now but at first it was really uncomfortable and I felt like ripping the whole thing off! It's a bit like getting used to wearing a hat 24/7 or maybe like trying to get used to wearing glasses.

As your hair grows the volumiser gets loser, after just a couple of weeks it begins to wiggle about a bit and is much easier to clean! It feels so nice when you can get your fingers underneath to shampoo your scalp properly! I also have to use a really rich conditioner on the volumiser as there is no natural oils to keep it from drying out. If I didn't look after it it would go all dry and frizzy.

After washing the volumiser you have to dry it thoroughly with a hair dyer, you can't really leave it to dry naturally because it takes ages and if you leave it damp you can get sores on your head. I had a sore once and was then tempted to pull out all the hairs around it because the more sensitive the area the better it feels when you pull a hair out! When I pull a hair out it doesn't hurt, instead it feels nice and gives me a sense of release! Peculiar I know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changed Priorities

Hair update

Documentary