Hair Pulling Intro

I have a rather peculiar problem, since the age of about 9 I have been pulling out my hair. I call it a problem because I wish I didn't do it. The logical side of my brain tells me that it is wrong to pull my hair out but the 'confused' side of my brain tells me that I want to do it and that it feels nice. My conscious mind always sides with the logical part of my brain but the confused side always seems to win. Sometimes it feels like I have two little demons battling with each other. I want the bad one to go away but it won't.

I am now 27 and really have had enough of this hair pulling nonsense! I pluck the hairs out of my head one by one and so far nothing positive has come from it. Hair pulling does actually have a proper name, Trichotillomania. But even with it's long and interesting sounding name I don't want it.

So the point of this blog is to keep track the hairy part of my life, it might help me pull less and it might inspire others to keep their chins up if they too suffer from this odd disorder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changed Priorities

Hair update

Documentary