School years

After school I went to college, had a gap year and then went to Uni. During these years my hair pulling went up and down. I had the most amount of hair during my gap year, I went travelling and keeping busy and not being in a routine seems to help a lot with trich. 'Trich' is a nickname that people often use for Trichotillomania!

By the time I left Uni my hair was quite bad! I still wore it up in a pony tail but you could see that it was really thin. Everyone knew that there was something wrong but I never spoke about it and avoided people's questions. At this time I was also in denial to myself that it was a real problem, I always thought that if I tried hard enough I could just stop.......

I couldn't stop and so in January 2006 I decided to look for help. My first stop was the doctor!!!

I had a discussion with the doctor but they didn't know of a cure. They suggested I try taking Prozac and go on the waiting list for some Behavioural Therapy, I went ahead and tried both of these but had to wait for 6 months before a saw a therapist. While waiting I started doing my own research for a cure.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changed Priorities

Hair update

Documentary