Bald Eagel & Pony Tails

When I started Secondary School I had no hair at all. There was a small rat tail left but mum chopped it off with scissors. A few people mistook me for a boy but apart from that it didn't cause me too much trouble. I would have expected to be bullied but surprisingly I wasn't really. I think it was worse in Primary School, I remember someones dad once referring to me as the Bald Eagel! By year 8 I had plenty of friends and my hair was growing back.

I don't know why my hair improved in Secondary School, I guess I realised that looks were quite important and so tried hard to stop pulling. After a while my hair grew long enough to wear in a pony tail, this covered a few of the bald patches and made me feel a bit more normal. I continued to wear my hair in a pony tail (with plenty of hairspray) for the the next 13 years. I had to use hairspray to keep all the spiky new hairs from sticking up.
Before I pulled it out, my hair was blonde and straight, but when the new hairs grew back they were curly and brown! I always found that rather odd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changed Priorities

Hair update

Documentary